The Brit Awards are to formalise their preference for music from white people by becoming the awards for Music Of White Origin.
The MOWOs will look at the best music of the year from the sort of pasty white people who drone on at you from your radio on most commercial channels.
Last night’s ceremony celebrated the very best of white people music, with the full list of winners below:
- White British male solo artist: James Bay
- White British female solo artist: Adele
- White British group: Coldplay
- White British breakthrough act: Catfish and the Bottlemen
- Critics’ choice of White Person: Jack Garratt
- White Brits global success award: Adele
- British single by a White Person: Adele – Hello
- White British album of the year: Adele – 25
- White British producer of the year: Charlie Andrew
- White British artist video of the year: One Direction – Drag Me Down
- International White male solo artist: Justin Bieber
- International White female solo artist: Bjork
- International White group: Tame Impala
Those behind the rebrand have defended their decision, strongly refuting accusations of racism.
Event organisation Simon Williams told us, “Don’t play the racism card here, there were plenty of black people involved last night.
“Who do you think was keeping the champagne glasses full?”