It’s time to stop wishing for a medical answer to Africa’s medical crisis. Because one already exists. And while it’s only part of a larger solution, it can help millions already dying from AIDS to live dramatically longer and fuller lives.
You can contribute to this just by lacing up a pair of shoelaces in your favourite shoes. Which means that just by going about your own life, you can help save someone else’s. Get involved.
How it works:
- You purchase (NIKE)RED laces.
- Nike is contributing 100% of its profits from the sale to the Global Fund and to soccer-based programs that help fight AIDS in Africa.
- Funds are received by programs like Grassroots Soccer, which uses football as a framework to teach youths how to avoid contracting HIV/AIDS.
- Funds are also contributed to The Global Fund to fund HIV/AIDS programs that support the purchase of lifesaving Antiretroviral (ARV) medication, training of medical staff, HIV testing and treatment to help prevent the transmission of the virus from pregnant mothers to their babies.
- Life-saving knowledge is received by the next generation in Africa.
Since its inception, (RED)™ partners and events have generated over $135 million to the Global Fund and the number keeps growing. Find out more at their website.