Wednesday 29 February 2012 by Maff

Burger King to stop using unemployed people in burgers


Following criticism of its unpaid work experience initiative, Burger King is to stop using unemployed people in its burgers.

The fast food chain finally bowed to public pressure and withdrew from the controversial scheme.

Employment Minister Chris Grayling said, “We had hoped that we could make a real impact on the number of unemployed people by simply tossing them into a big meat mincer and selling them with fries and a shake, but now we are going to have to think again.”

18-year-old Kelly Thompson, who had been lined up to join the “welfare to plate” scheme, had mixed feelings when she heard the news.

“On the one hand, I’m not going to get ground up and eaten, but on the other they are going to stop my benefits for a fortnight now.”

20-year-old Michael Jones was also given a last minute reprieve at the abattoir. He said, “I was going to get slaughtered and eaten, but now, thanks to public pressure, I’m going to get a 40-hour a week job at Burger King at the minimum wage.”

“To be honest, I’d rather be dead.”

At the time of writing McDonald’s were unable to confirm the list of ingredients in their new McAsylumSeeker Happy Meal.

There are currently witterings below - why not add your own?

Previous post:

Next post: